Day Two was full of way too much awesome! Starting with:
After that, here's the short list of Highlights:
- Having Wil Wheaton sign a book for me only to discover that i was short on cash, havng to come back and plunk the money down on his table while angrilly saying "There's your BLOOD MONEY, Wheaton... I hope ya CHOKE on it!"
- My "Escalator moment" with nelbailey and tigernatch, them going up and me going down and then being swallowed in the crowd as i paraquoted Joel Robinson as he paraquoted The Wizard "I can't stop it I don't know how it works GOODBYE FOLKS GOODBYE!!!"
- Being the only person in line to respond to Angus Oblong when he came in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and said "There's my people... GOOD MORNING, PEOPLE!" Dead silence from the crowd till I waved back "GOOD MORNING, ANGUS OBLONG! WE LOVE YOU TOO!" or something to that cheesy effect.
- Hunting high and low for a Red Pen so that Angus could complete a piece of artwork.
- Finding, losing, and then finding again the Mythical Retailer Who Was Selling All Action Figures For $5. He was an awesome dude, giving away toys to kids and having a great time just being a retailer. I *had* to spend money at his table! Such actions must be rewarded!
- Getting to hang out with teegin, even though it was never as a group.
- Showing baeleth that not all prices are set in stone, and showing him that pretty much ANY ITEM that's priced at $40 can be had for $20 to $25 by the end of the convention.
- The sad realization that most Suicide Girls suffer from "Cheerleader Syndrome" (see episodes of "How I Met your Mother" for details)
- My last purchase of the day: Sifting through a box of comics, I turned to the retailer and said "I'm way too tired for this right now and the Con is about to end... will you take a dollar for the whole box?" Retailer said they couldn't POSSIBLY let it go for less than $5. I said all I have is $4. He said he'd be willing to come down on his asking price. I offered $3. SOLD! Long box of random comics for $3!
- Giving my very last Convention Dollar to Jennie Breeden of http://www.devilspanties.com just because I felt that I needed to pay her *something* for all the awesome comic strips :)
It was especially awesome to see that the three guests I was most excited to see - Wil Wheaton, Angus Oblong and Jennie Bredeen - were either COMPLETELY SOLD OUT (Wil and Jennie) or VERY, VERY SATISFIED with their amount of sales (I heard that Angus had one of his best profits here this year). THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!
Great convention, now to try and shake off my ConSARS.